Friday, June 22, 2012

One Week

In the past seven days I have pulled two hair ties, an orthodontic gum band, three leaves, dog food, and one staple out of the mouth of my nine-month old. 

I have talked one Monkey off the ledge and dragged another to the same ledge and threatened to throw her off.   
I have slathered sunscreen and shoveled cheerios.  I have explained the scientific principles of roller coasters and calmed 7 year old All Star nerves.  
I have chauffeured children and celebrated 8 years of marriage. 
I have run 14 miles and eaten my weight in poor food choices. 
I have refereed fights and run parental interference.  I have rescued “guys” and righted wrongs, both real and imagined. 
And I have reminded myself, more than once, that this...


 is why I didn’t get on the plane. 

1 comment:

  1. All you have to do is look at those pictures and you know you are right where you are supposed to be...a paradise of your own.

    ReplyDelete